Interested in displaying your artwork at the Box Factory?
Fill out the application below and send it to Cara Garnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 GALLERY SHOW APPLICATION
Member Show Application
The Box Factory for the Arts is searching for talented local artists to display their artwork for both the upcoming Member’s Show and the 2018 Gallery Exhibition Season. The annual Member’s Show is coming up fast and we are looking for Berrien Artist Guild members to exhibit their artwork at this year’s show. The deadline for both submissions is Saturday, September 30, 2017.
Click Here to apply for the Member’s Show!
The Box Factory for the Arts will be accepting artwork from Members to be displayed from October 6 – November 11.
Submission Deadline: September 30 (If you have a conflict, please contact Cara at email@example.com)
Exhibition Opening: October 6th from 5:30pm-7:30pm
Exhibition Dates: October 6 – November 11
Artwork Pick Up: November 13 – November 17
- Artist must be a member of the Berrien Artist Guild.
- Artwork will be reviewed by the Box Factory Curator.
- Entrants may submit up to two works of art, which must be original in concept and execution, created by the artist entering. (In the case of too many applicants, only one or two pieces, chosen by curator, will be displayed representing each artists.)
- Artwork must be submitted by September 30.
- FRAMING AND PRESENTATION for entries must be clean and prepared for exhibit. Canvas and two dimensional art must be prepared and wired for hanging (no saw-tooth or similar hangers will be accepted). All three-dimensional art must be self-supporting. Sizes for all art must not exceed 72” at its largest dimension or exceed 100 pounds. Pieces larger than this or installation art pieces will only be considered with the approval of the Executive Director of the Box Factory for the Arts. The Box Factory for the Arts reserves the right to refuse any work that is inappropriate, presented inadequately, or is misrepresented by the entry image.
- SALE OF ART will be subject to a 30% commision charge that will go to the Box Factory for the Arts. Artists will receive 70% of all art sales. All art must either have a sales price or be marked “NFS” (not for sale). No “price on request” markings will be accepted. Works for sale will be sold as exhibited with no substitutions or copies of the same work permitted.
- LIABILITY – all art is submitted at the owner’s risk. Although every precaution will be taken, the Box Factory for the Arts does not insure work either in transit or while it is on our premises. By submitting work, the artist waives any claim against the Box Factory for the Arts for loss or damage.
2018 Gallery Exhibition Season
The Box Factory for the Arts will be accepting artist applications starting September 1, 2017 for the 2018 gallery exhibition season. Deadline for application submission is September 30, 2017. Schedule will be finalized and artists notified by November 1, 2017.
- The exhibit can not have been shown in any other gallery in Berrien County, Michigan.
- The artist can not have had an individual show at the Box Factory for the Arts within the past five years (2013-2017).
- Artist must be a resident of: Allegan, Berrien, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, Van Buren, Barry, Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon counties in Michigan; or Lake, Porter, LaPorte, St. Joseph, or Elkhart counties in Indiana.
- Application must be completed in its entirety and include the following:
- Three (3) images of the body of work that is being considered for the exhibition. Please provide hi-res photos in .tiff, .jpeg or .png files
- If accepted, artist must sign a contract and become a member of the Box Factory for the Arts ($35 single membership). There are no additional costs to the artist other than prepping the show for exhibit.
- If applying for a Group Show, each member of the group must complete an application and fulfill all submission guidelines with the exception of Box Factory Membership. A single group member must fulfill the membership guideline.